A Road Map To Success
By Jeff Earlywine
First, some thoughtful quotes…
One's philosophy is not best expressed in words; it is expressed in the choices one makes. In the long run, we shape our lives and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die. And, the choices we make are ultimately our own responsibility.
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Failure: A few errors in judgment repeated every day.
Success: A few simple disciplines practiced every day.
- E. James Rohn
“If you want something you’ve never had…
You must do something you’ve never done.”
- Author Unknown
We all desire to be successful. The problem is, “What is success?” That is the question that has been on man’s mind since the beginning of time. The answer, however, can be different for each and every person. But, there are some components to success and being successful that I want to point out in this article.
Mandatory COMPONENTS of Success:
The Most Important CHOICES We Get To Make:
1. We are free to choose our character, the type of person we become. We can allow ourselves to be molded by others and our environment, or we can commit ourselves to self-development. We can become less than we are capable of, or we can become all that we are capable of.
2. We are free to choose our values. We can let the media tell us what is important, or we can decide for ourselves. We can base our standards on what others are doing, or we can base them on what we know is right and good.
3. We are free to choose how to treat other people. We can put others down, or we can lift them up. We can be self-centered and inconsiderate or we can be respectful, kind, and helpful.
4. We are free to choose how to handle adversity. We can allow ourselves to be crushed, to give up, and to feel sorry for ourselves (Victim mentality). Or we can choose to look for a source of strength within us, to persevere, and to make the most out of what life deals us.
5. We are free to choose how much we will learn. We can look upon learning as an unpleasant duty or as a great opportunity for bettering ourselves. We can be close-minded or open-minded; we can be stagnant, or we can grow.
6. We are free to choose what we will accomplish in life. We can allow our circumstances or other people to determine what we make of ourselves, or we can choose our own direction and goals. We can be undisciplined and lazy, or we can be self-disciplined and diligent.
7. We are free to choose our own belief system. We can ignore our spiritual nature, or we can accept it as an important dimension of life. We can worship pleasure and the world's material things, or we can look for something that is ultimately more important.
8. We are free to choose our own purpose. We can wander aimlessly, or we can search for a meaning in life, and then live according to it. We can live to please only ourselves, or we can find a cause that is greater, one that helps us understand and appreciate life more fully.
9. The freedom to choose who we surround ourselves with.
10. We are free to choose our ATTITUDE regardless of circumstances. This is the most important choice we will ever make because it affects everything we do in life.
“Choice, not Circumstance determines your Success.” Proverb
CATALYST to self motivation and desire:
SEARCH this amazing RESOURCE LIBRARY for articles, suggestions and direction on how to handle most every business situation that you find yourself in.