Here are some Facebook features and how to use them for marketing your business:
BuzzSumo analyzed 500 million Facebook posts to discover what types of posts create the most engagement. Use this data to plot your posting strategy and you will likely see an uptick in the number of likes, comments and shares your posts receive:
1. Schedule evening posts. Posts published between 10 p.m. and 11 p.m. ET receive 88% more interactions than the average post.
2. Use images. Posts that use an image receive 179% more interactions than the average Facebook post.
3. Pose a question. Posts ending with a question receive 162% more interactions than the average post.
4. Use video. Videos are the most shared post type on Facebook, averaging 89.5 shares per video. There are an increasing number of free and low cost tools that make creating short, ad-type videos on Facebook a breeze. I recently started playing around with slide.ly and found it very easy to use.
5. Post on Sundays. Posts published on a Sunday receive 52.9% more interactions than the average post. Fewer companies are posting on the weekends, yet more consumers are reading posts on the weekends.
6. Keep posts brief. Posts with 150-200 characters performed the best, averaging 238.75 shares.
7. Post directly to Facebook. Posting with a third party tool results in 89.5% less engagement than posting directly to Facebook.
8. Link to longer content. Posts that link to long form content (2,000+ words) receive 40% more interactions than linking to shorter content.
SEARCH this amazing RESOURCE LIBRARY for articles, suggestions and direction on how to handle most every business situation that you find yourself in.