How to identify people with leadership abilities
By Jeff Earlywine
I thought this might help you as you build an incredible staff...
1. Assess ability – Choose team players well, according to how well their strengths and skills fit the goals and tasks of your organization. Ask yourself, “Why does this person want the job? Ambition, a love for this kind of work, a sense of calling, an eagerness to succeed in our organization? Or has this person simply failed in three or four previous jobs?”
2. Choose coachable people – Coaching keeps a team synchronized, harmonized, and growing together. A team without coachable players is not a team. It’s just a collection of flying egos.
3. Think “Chemistry” – Talent sticks out; chemistry is harder to see. It’s the magic ingredient of a winning team. What we call “chemistry” is really a combination of a lot of factors: ability and skill levels, drive and ambition, personality, emotional makeup, values, communication, and people skills.
4. Strive for balance – it is very important to balance skills in order to generate effective team success. No team is full of Michael Jordans, therefore, you have to find people with specialized skills to fill the positions on your team.
5. Recruit the best – build a quality team out of quality people who are always reaching for the next level of excellence, both individually and as a team. Will help you work smarter than harder.
SEARCH this amazing RESOURCE LIBRARY for articles, suggestions and direction on how to handle most every business situation that you find yourself in.